A Cutting-edge Science City with Hot Springs with 1,000 Years of History
Yuseong has hot springs, a natural resource, Daedeok Innopolis, and is the traditional home of scholars.
- Today, Yuseong District has jurisdiction over eleven administrative areas including Jinjam-dong, Weonshinheung-dong, Oncheon 1–2-dong, Noeun 1–2-dong, Shinseong-dong, Jeonmin-dong, Gujeuk-dong, and Gwanjeuk-dong.
- Elections are held for a head of basic self-governance
- Residents participate directly in the election
- The name of Daejeon Autonomous City is changed to Daejeon Metropolitan City
- The name of Yuseong District is changed to Yuseong District, Daejeon Metropolitan City
- Five Korean tourism areas, including Yuseong District, are designated special tourism districts
- A commeration of the completion of the district office application is held at 109 Eoeun-dong.
- The creation of the Yuseong District Council ushers in the era of local self-governance
- As Daejeon becomes an autonomous area, Yuseong District is established and a district office is created
- With the establishment of Seo District, the administrative branch of the Yuseong Branch Office is changed from the previous name of Jung District to Seo District
- Jurisdiction over the Yuseong Branch Office is transferred from Jung District to Daejeon City
- Administration of the Yuseong area is transferred to the Yuseong Branch Office under the jurisdiction of Jung District, Daejeon
- The administrative designation of Yuseong is changed from “myeon” to “eup”
- Under the Regional Local Government Act, Daejeon-bu is renamed Daejeon City and City Hall is built on the site of the former Daejeon Chamber of Commerce
- From the time of national liberation in 1945 until the establishment of the Republic of Korea on August 15, 1948, Daejeon is under the jurisdiction of the US military administration